Wright Watson Enterprise Centre


Thorp Garth, Bradford BD10 9LD
Tel. 01274 952057 | Email: info@incic.co.uk

 

The WWEC is our enterprise hub situated within Idle Village. It offers a range of facilities and services for local residents and businesses such:

  • Community Library
  • Meeting/Training Rooms (for hire)
  • Office Space
  • Enterprise Advice & Support
  • Employment Advise & Support
  • Benefit, Welfare and Debt Advice

 


 Our History

Thorp Methodist Church has been transformed into The Wright Watson Enterprise Centre. It hosts the village library and archive and offer business support, workspace and resources for entrepreneurs.

The site was home to Idle Wesleyan Chapel from 1810, which was replaced by the existing building in 1982. It is also the burial place of Wright Watson, a prominent local author and historian, after whom the development is named.

IdleWesleyanChapelThe Heritage lottery fund have funded the restoration of WWC library (The WWC Heritage Project) which preserves all existing physical heritage found in the old village library. The project aims to preserve, archive and exhibit photographs and documents relating to WW1 and WW2. We have created a memorial garden in memory of all those veterans who are either buried within the Methodist church or who may have had any connections within Idle.

We have engaged local people so that they can become part of the heritage of Idle and voluntarily work towards future preservation plans.

For any further information or to get involved please do not hesitate to contact us further on info@incic.co.uk  Tel. 01274 952057

Time capsule buried in 19th century discovered at site of former chapel in Idle

A TIME capsule dating back more than 140 years has been discovered by builders redeveloping the site of an old church.

The glass capsule, containing coins, newspapers and pamphlets, was found by contractors working on a £1.4 million enterprise centre in the heart of Idle village.

It was first buried in 1870, at a ceremony to lay the foundation stone for Idle’s Wesleyan Methodist Chapel.